- provides about 1 cup vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly milled black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small, clean jar
- In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the oil. Transfer to an airtight jar and screw tightly shut. Chill for up to 1 week.
From Campfire Cookery: Adventuresome Recipes and Other Curiosities for the Great Outdoors by Sarah Huck and Jaimee Young. Copyright © 2011 Sarah Huck and Jaimee Young Stewart. Foreword © 2011 Melissa Clark. Photographs © 2011 Tara Donne. Published in 2011 by Stewart, Tabori & Chang, an imprint of ABRAMS.