- Serves 4–6
- Active Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 6 hours on low, 2 hours on high
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- Rind of 1 key lime
- 2 tablespoons store-bought Tom Yum paste (Thai chile-tamarind paste)
- 1 cup quartered button mushrooms
- 3 to 5 Thai chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In the slow cooker, stir together the chicken stock, lemongrass, lime rind, Tom Yum paste, mushrooms, and Thai chiles.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 2 hours.
- Adjust the heat to high, and add the shrimp, fish sauce, lime juice, and palm sugar, and cook for 10 minutes more, or until the shrimp are uniformly pink.
- Ladle the soup into a tureen or individual bowls, garnish with the cilantro, and serve.
![Thai Slow Cooker Cookbook] (https://vulcan.condenastdigital.com/epi/photos/57a3b35ee4f9cea06c2638df/master/w_116/thai-slow-cooker-cookbook-classic-thai-favorites-made-simple-080416.jpg)
From Thai Slow Cooker Cookbook © 2015 by Rockridge Press. Reprinted with permission of Rockridge Press.
Buy the full book from Amazon.