"Folks gobble up these taste-tempting stuffed peppers," relates Gay Nell Nicholas of Henderson, Texas. "They have a crisp golden coating, cheesy center and pleasantly spicy flavor. The best part is that no one realizes they are low in fat, too."
Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 18 jalapeno peppers (about 3 inches long), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat until blended. Spoon into pepper halves, packing tightly.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. Place cornflakes in another shallow bowl. Dip peppers into egg mixture, then coat with cornflakes. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until browned. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p65
Select the Newsletters that interest you to subscribe
Recipe of the day newsletter
Receive new recipes and fan favorites for daily inspiration!
Taste of home
Quick & easy homemade meals that are perfect anytime!
Taste of home
top 10 recipes
Get our 10 most popular recipes delivered to your inbox!
By entering my email and clicking the subscribe button below, I am opting to receive the newsletters I have selected.
Please enter a valid email
You Are successfully subscribed
ERROR! Please try Again