This GF, vegan and yummy dip contains some of the greatest liver loving foods! Natural detox is always great as the seasons change. I decided to create this very simple basic recipe to help us all do just that. You can take it a lot of directions, as well as integrate into your diet in many delicious ways.
Diet and nutrition are such a big part of my work and valuable healing tools. I am a trained chef and am happy to share recipes. It’s important to help my patients adapt recipes to be nutritious and tasty. I have lots of great gluten, dairy and egg free recipes. Check out my blog, “I CAN’T EAT WHAT!!!”. Most are very healthy with a few recipes to splurge with. Many recipes to come. Again, I am offering 15% off all services for the month of October. We can talk food and so much more! Enjoy!
Artichoke Liver Loving Dip-
1 can of artickokes
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (great for digestion and detox)
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbl chopped parsley (might as well cleanse the urinary track)
1 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl of Vegenaise (Follow Your Heart or Earth Balance, soy free is best) or mayo. (optional but adds creaminess)
1 tsp mustard (Annie’s)
1 Tbl almond meal (Trader Joe’s) or GF panko bread crumbs
1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper (or however you like your seasoning)
Sprinkle with paprika on top as garnish
Options- Add 4 re-hydrated sundried tomatoes chopped, pesto, GF or regular Bread Crumbs sprinkled on top, cheese if you can eat it, cilantro or basil chopped, arugula, tumeric.
1) Puree it all together with any additional options you might like until smooth.
1) With fresh veggies, crackers or toasted bread.
2) Great as a spread for a sandwich. I put a thick layer on a toasted Food For Life tortilla or your favorite bread and cover it with roasted veggies. Then top with arugula/greens, avocado, nuts, seeds, chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and more lemon juice.
3) I spread a thick layer on chicken or fish and bake in the oven at 375 for about 15-20 minutes depending on the protein type. You could sub the meat for tempeh or tofu if soy is ok for you. I like the Wildwood sprouted. Healthier and easier to digest.
4) I add it to my stuffed squash and veggies filling. See earlier posts. The vegan pesto recipe is there also.
5) You can bake it off at 375 degrees in a baking dish for 15-20 minutes. You can fold in or top with cheese and/or bread crumbs before baking.