- November 30, 2017
Spiced chicken does double time as either a schnitzel or nuggets. We made this a complete dinner kit on a sheet pan so you can have dinner on the table with no fuss and no muss.
If you really prefer your schnitzel fried, go ahead and fry in a little olive oil. It adds some more calories and more work, but the results will be healthier than most store-bought fried foods.
Note: Feel free to use all or none of the everything seasoning, or only put it in half the coating. Make extra chicken — you can freeze these.
Vegetarian: Use portobello mushrooms, cauliflower or broccoli in place of chicken
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled, cut into 2-inch dice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Freshly cracked black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded to an even thickness, or cut into 2–inch nuggets
2 egg whites whisked with 2 tablespoons water
1 cup “no-salt everything” spice (store-bought or homemade — the recipe is below)
1½ cup cooked any-color quinoa
1 pound fresh green beans
Garnish: fresh chopped parsley, lemon wedges
1) Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and toss with evoo, salt and pepper. Roast potatoes, turning occasionally.
3) While potatoes are roasting, prepare chicken. Set out 1 bowl with egg white mixture and 1 bowl or plate with a mix of everything seasoning and quinoa. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge chicken in egg white mixture and then into everything spice quinoa mix.
4) When potatoes have cooked for 30 minutes and are lightly browned, push potatoes together at one end of sheet pan and add chicken breasts or nuggets. Toss green beans with evoo and salt and pepper. Add green beans to sheet pan. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes more, flipping chicken once halfway through until chicken is cooked through and beans are hot but still crisp.
5) Sprinkle chicken with a little salt before serving. Serve with Fresh FamiliesTM homemade ketchup, tahini, mustard or apricot jam.
Nutrition info for sheet pan dinner: 500 calories, 20 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrates, 10 g fiber, 7 g sugars, 36 g protein
Everything Spice Mix
Make your own everything spice mix and use it on everything!!! Combine the following:
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup poppy seeds
½ cup dried onion flakes
½ cup dried garlic
1 tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon flax seeds (optional)
From Fresh Families By Jamie Geller.
This article has been sent!Close