Servings: 8 - 12|
30 to 45 min
A tasty dish for the holiday season!
- step-by-step directions
Ham and Gruyere Pull Apart Wreath:
- cooking spray
- 1 16- ounce bag store-bought pizza dough (room temperature)
- 1 cup black forest ham (minced)
- 1 cup gruyere (shredded)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- flaky sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Dijon Honey Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Allow pizza dough to sit out until dough comes to room temperature and has risen.
- On a lightly floured work surface, stretch the pizza dough into a 10x15-inch rectangle. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out 23 rounds of dough and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ham, gruyere, cream cheese and nutmeg. Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of ham and cheese mixture onto the middle of each dough round. Enclose the filling by wrapping up the sides and rolling the dough into a ball. Once all the dough balls are filled, arrange into a wreath on the baking sheet. Create the outer ring by using 15 dough rolls, setting them close enough to each other to touch. Use the remaining 8 dough balls to create the inner ring of the wreath, ensuring that both the outer and inner ring touch. Brush the ring with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with desired amount of flaky sea salt. Sprinkle the parsley evenly on top of wreath.
- In a small decorative bowl, stir together the Dijon, honey, and sour cream place the bowl in the middle of the wreath to serve.
- Tip: Make it your own! Stuff these delectable dough balls with your favorite filling!