This vegan frosting is simple enough to pair with any cake recipe. This paleo, coconut buttercream is light and airy but so decadent.
Coconut Buttercream Frosting [Vegan, Paleo]
ServesEnough frosting for 1 cake or 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups coconut cream (full fat, organic)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder
- Pinch of vanilla bean powder
- Begin by scooping out the thick coconut cream found at the top of the can. Save the leftover liquid to use in smoothie recipes or other baked goods.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the scooped coconut cream, the vanilla bean powder, and stevia. Use a hand mixer to beat the ingredients on medium speed until well-combined.
- Gradually, add tapioca starch until desired thickness is reached. Continue until smooth.
- Pour the frosting into an airtight jar or bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Total Calories: 1,250 | Total Carbs: 84 g | Total Fat: 103 g | Total Protein: 6 g | Total Sodium: 121 mg | Total Sugar: 6 g
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS
Healthy recipes from a plant-based chef.
Amanda Froelich is an RHN, plant-based chef, certified Reiki master therapist, freelance writer, world traveler, and activist. Her passions include writing, advocating for animals and the environment, and teaching people about the benefits of conscious eating. She shares healthy recipes at Bloom for Life.